Types of Financial Aid
Quality education is the right of every student. Every time ASAI supports the education of a student it provides them with the means to realize their potential, fulfill their dreams and change the world.
There are two types of financial aid that ASAI provides:
A. Interest free loans repayable within 5 years after the date of graduation
B. Grants, it consists of the following:
- For needy and outstanding students at the 3rd & 4th year levels enrolled at Palestinian Universities in West Bank and Gaza, and at Lebanese Universities.
- “Training the Trainers” programs organized to assist board of directors and managers of civil society institutions, NGOs and university graduates.
Rules and Requirements of interest free loans are as :
- Proof of documented evidence of financial need (salary of the family, bank accounts, scholarships from other sources)
- Enrollment at reputable university
- Citizenship of an Arab Country
- Valid passport
- GPA: “B” or “Very Good” and above for 3ed & 4th year BA, first semester of MA or Ph.D.
- B.A./B.S minimum 60 credit hours, confirmed by the Registrar
- MA/MS at least one full semester (or 15 credit hours)
- Confirmed by the registrar of respected university
- PHD – At least one semester (or 15 Credit Hours), confirmed by respected university
- Aid is not allocated for travel, summer studies or language training
- Note: Fields of Specialization priorities: Applied Sciences, Pure Science, and Social Sciences.
- For B.A/B.S Two Academic years, Junior and Senior only
- For MA/M.S Two Academic years, after completing one full semester
- For PHD Three Academic years, after completing one full semester
- Aid is allocated once every academic year for an already approved applications
- Aid is sent in the name of the University
- Aid is allocated in US Dollars
How to Apply for Interest Free Loan
- When the student is in financial need he/she can review the website: www.arabstudentaid.org and follow the instructions.
- The application is posted on the website
- Making sure that the forms are fully answered with correct information
- Telephone, fax, email, address information should be accurate and present. This information will be used for future follow ups during study and after graduation
- It is important to include full information of the two guarantors, addresses, telephones, email and signed by a legal lawyer, for the repayment of the loan if the graduate is unable to pay the installment
- The documents requested should be original and certified
- Valid passport as proof of citizenship
- Acceptance and enrollment at reputable university
- Grades of the 2nd year for B.A applications, 1st semester for MA, or PHD applications
- Should be sent direct to the Main Office
- Recent personal photo passport size
Each application is approved by a Committee. Aid is not approved for those applicants who are citizens of other countries or have green cards because they can apply to sources there in. Aid is considered for one student in the immediate family. When this student repays the Interest free loan in full, a consideration can be allocated for another member of the same family when qualified.
Deadlines: There Are Two Deadlines:
- 15th of January of each year
- 30th of August of each year
- Loan Repayment is must and it is Sadaqa Jareya (صدقه جاريه)(on going blessing) and there is no exception for exemptions.
- It starts after six months of graduation
- The total duration 5 years maximum
- If the total loan is paid in one time, a discount of %10 is applied
- ASAI encourages all graduates to settle the interest free loans to help needy and outstanding students